The Bioprocessing Development Scientist will assist in fermentation and antigen production process development for both in-house Benchmark and third-party vaccine projects. The role is primarily focused on the work required to take in POC antigen production process from research group and working through the development process to establish a production process suitable for scale up and transfer to manufacturing. The work will be closely interlinked to work in analytics and downstream processing and with the clinical development program.
- Assist in developing and testing new fermentation processes to achieve specific project objectives.
- Input into the design and execution of process development protocols in coordination with other development scientists.
- Assist in day to day coordination of own work for process development and validation protocols for GMP veterinary vaccines.
- Assisting in the development and validation of fermentation methods for GMP veterinary vaccines across the development portfolio.
- Participation in and support of other development activities as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or above in a scientific discipline.
- Knowledge of fermentation processes and process development.
- Preferred to have experience in following production and process development methods for biologicals, preferably in a GMP or GLP environment
- Experience with E coli, yeast and other expression systems
- Any further experience in production and process development would be advantageous.
- Experience of writing SOPs for a GLP or GMP environment.
- Strong planning, implementation, and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work within a team.
- Computer literate in MS Office
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 June 2019