CleanTreat® is Benchmark Animal Health’s unique boat-based seawater purification system which removes medicinal compounds from the treatment water used to combat disease threats in aquaculture.
The Crew Coordinator manages all crew competencies, tax obligations, certifications, training and other needs in addition to crew change planning, logistics & support.
This role will coordinate and oversee the effective use of all crew assigned to all vessels used by Operations globally.
- Maintain and develop the CleanTreat Crewing documents (Procedures, Standards & Policies)
- Ensure all crew have valid training, certification & appropriate competencies
- Ensure all crew tax obligations are met & manage the services of contracted crewing service providers
- Assist with hiring, induction & employment management process
- Next of Kin role in the Crisis Management Team
- 24/7 point of contact for crew changes
- Inspection & Audit of crewing service providers
- Ensure all crew have completed induction training
- Regular visits to crew onboard vessels (globally)
Qualifications and experience
- Substantial experience of technical crew management in an offshore technical services industry
- Experience of Crisis Management in a Maritime environment
- Extensive knowledge of general joining requirements for crew embarking vessels globally, for example, visas, county health checks.
- Extensive knowledge of medical & safety requirements for crew joining vessel globally
- Exposure to diverse global cultures & awareness is an advantage
- Knowledge of tax related to international offshore crew contracts is an advantage
- Academic qualifications in HR or related discipline is an advantage
Quality Health Safety Environment Responsibilities
Every employee is responsible for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions, and for the protection of the environment. You shall:
- Contribute to continual QHSE improvement.
- Co-operate and comply with any requirement imposed by the Company in accordance with the Company QHSE Management System.
- Stop any activity where there is good reason to believe that the circumstances involved could jeopardise the health and safety or those of any individual, or have an adverse effect on the environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and team player
- Strong record-keeping ability
- A tolerant, team player capable of spending prolonged periods of time with their team
- Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities
- Flexible and able to travel internationally as required
- This function operates in an environment that can occasionally be considered as stressful thus candidates with pre-existing conditions that may reduce their effectiveness should exclude themselves from this job function
- Quality & HSE Managers
- Regional Operations Managers
- Technical Development Managers
- People Team
- External crew service providers
- Recruiting service providers
- Finance Department
- Travel service providers
Reports to: CleanTreat Operations Lead
Direct reports: None currently
Location: Bergen, Norway
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Rob Squirrell, Interim Head of People, by 30th of November 2020.