CleanTreat® is Benchmark Animal Health’s unique boat-based seawater purification system which removes medicinal compounds from the treatment water used to combat disease threats in aquaculture.
The Regional Operations Manager manages the efficient use of chartered vessels with CleanTreat systems installed on them in a specific region.
This role is a commercially orientated function with emphasis on delivering profitable and efficient performance to meet the strategic objectives of Benchmark Animal Health.
- Manage the CleanTreat assets & resources to achieve job objectives (costs, quality & time)
- Crisis Management Team member interfacing with clients, vessels/remote sites & local resources
- Actively participate in the job tender to contract process and Sales & Operational Planning process thereafter
- QHSE performance for all sites (vessels) under their line management
- Actively contribute to the sustainability goals of the Benchmark Group
- Develop, foster and maintain good client relations
- Together with the Management Accountant manage all costs and P&L associated with each job & report out as required
- Together with the Management Accountant manage all costs associated with assets (vessels & systems) assigned to Operations
- Together with Finance manage invoicing & cashflows for each job
- Collaborate with all related departments to ensure Benchmark Animal Health achieves strategic priorities and related activities
- Enforce the company’s Quality & HSE management system
- Actively cooperate with the Maritime Vessel Manager (vessel provider) & Marine Superintendant (vessel provider) to ensure HSE compliance & QHSE KPIs are achieved
- Support effectively any installation(s) of equipment on regional vessels to meet operational and development requirements
- Be responsible for regional operations teams compliance with all relevant operating regulations in relevant regions.
- Representing Benchmark in a professional manner at all times including acting as a role model for Benchmark company values, culture and ethics for all individuals being directly managed, contractors and with all customer interactions.
Quality Health Safety Environment Responsibilities
Every employee is responsible for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions or omissions, and for the protection of the environment. You shall;
- Contribute to continual QHSE improvement.
- Co-operate and comply with any requirement imposed by the Company in accordance with the Company QHSE Management System.
- Stop any activity where there is good reason to believe that the circumstances involved could jeopardise the health and safety or those of any individual, or have adverse effect on the environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Substantial global experience of managing vessels in a technical services industry
- Experience of aquaculture is an advantage
- Basic knowledge & exposure to P & L reporting, asset & inventory reporting and Cash flow process
- Team Leader of Crisis Management events and their effective management
- Knowledge of Project Management principles & experience in their implementation
- Client facing skills with the ability to manage complex relationships
- Experience of Managing remote & multicultural teams
- Exposure to stressful situations in a commercial environment
- Contract management, execution and negotiation skills
- Experience of vessel BIMCO charter agreements is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work well under pressure and act in the best interests of the project and team
- Strong record-keeping ability
- Self-starter, able to spot problems before they arise and work with a team to solve them
- A tolerant, team player capable of spending prolonged periods of time with their team
- Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities
- Flexible and able to travel internationally as required
- Provide managerial support to direct reports including performance management, wellbeing & personal development to help the individual successfully contribute to Benchmark Animal Health strategic priorities
- This function operates in an environment that can occasionally be considered as stressful thus candidates with pre-existing conditions that may reduce their effectiveness should exclude themselves from this job function
- Finance department
- Quality & HSE Managers
- Product Managers
- External Clients of CleanTreat services
- Senior Management
- Crewing Department
- Commercial Team
Reports to: CleanTreat Operations Lead
Direct reports: CleanTreat Offshore Manager
Location: Bergen, Norway
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Rob Squirrell, Interim Head of People, by 30th of November 2020.