To plan and implement environmental monitoring programmes to support the use of pharmaceutical products used in salmonid aquaculture. This will include the management of multiple environmental monitoring programmes both through design and implementation in the field as well as data management for the life of the product.
The key objective of this role is to deliver a fully implemented environmental monitoring programme according to the needs of the business and ensure all environmental monitoring is carried out in compliance with the relevant SOPs and to the required quality standards.
- Design and implementation of environmental monitoring programmes
- Liaising with third party companies involved in data/sample collection
- Ensuring sample analytics are developed and fit for purpose
- Management of data capture systems
- Refinement of any Environmental Impact Assessments based on field data gathered
- Support the Product Managers and technical services team in delivering the operational objectives.
- Work closely with all relevant functions to deliver the overall strategic priorities for the business area as outlined and updated periodically by the senior management team
- Proactively review and analyse environmental data generated through technical services, commercial or research activities to find and resolve bottlenecks and issues that may impact business objectives
- Ensure the business activities of Benchmark and customers using Benchmark products meet environmental requirements and standards for the relevant region
- Ensure quality considerations underpin all internal and external activities and ensuring constant communication with Quality managers within the business and a continuous improvement approach
- Drive adherence to relevant Health and Safety obligations as outlined in the Health and Safety policy both personally and for others plus contribute across the business to the overall proactive Health and Safety approach
- Positively contribute to and be an ambassador for the culture of the overall business in all internal and external interactions
- Meet all necessary Pharmacovigilance responsibilities as required
- Driving a sustainable approach in all aspects of daily work, constantly looking at opportunities to improve our sustainability profile
- Adhere to all other relevant company policies and SOPs
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in science subject or relevant industry experience – preferably environmental/aquaculture-related
- Experience in running environmental monitoring programmes
- Experience dealing with Environmental regulators in Aquaculture or equivalent fields
- Experience in environmental modelling is desirable
- Knowledge/interest in aquaculture/pharmaceutical industry
Desirable: (but full training will be provided)
- Sea survival training
- Sea-going medical
- Data management
- Practical and logical with good problem-solving skills
- Organised and must be able to work well within time constraints
- Work may involve some physical aspects so must be physically capable
- Personable and able to work well and communicate with others of varying levels as well as work well independently
- Good record-keeping abilities
- Flexible and willing to travel abroad
- An interest in learning more about aquaculture and working towards novel solutions for the industry
- Fluent English (verbal and written) required. Norwegian language skills an advantage
Reports to: Project Manager
Direct reports: None currently
Location: Norway – Flexible working location with the opportunity to work from home but must be able to attend office locations Edinburgh or Bergen as needed.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Rob Squirrell, Interim Head of People, by 30th of November 2020.