Benchmark Genetics is a global leader in aquaculture breeding and genetics, and our mission is to drive sustainability in aquaculture. We do this by improving yield, quality, health and welfare. Our Atlantic salmon programmes, SalmoBreed, StofnFiskur and SagaChile, are recognized for their performance by customers worldwide. Producing a significant part of our broodstock on land in so-called egg-to-egg cycles, Benchmark Genetics is at the forefront of biosecurity and supply security in the industry.
Our Head of Fish Health is moving into a new position in the business area, and Benchmark Genetics Norway AS is now recruiting his replacement. The position holds the global responsibility for the health and biosecurity of the animals in the breeding programmes and the facilities in Chile, Iceland and Norway. We are searching for a dedicated, senior Aquamedicine biologist or Veterinarian to employ the business area’s Fish Health Strategy. You will lead a global team of experienced fish health professionals, and our screening protocols, risk assessments, health and welfare plans will be within your area of responsibility. We are looking for an individual with the following qualities:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with fish health and welfare operation and follow up
- English and Norwegian speaking. Spanish will be an advantage
- Experience in working in a global setting
- A proven track record within fish health and welfare
- In-depth knowledge of fish health and welfare and the main challenges and solutions
- Skills to prioritize, being flexible and independent as well as people skills
- A driver’s licence type B and experience with the MS Office programs (Excel, Word etc.)
We encourage you to apply even if you don´t meet all of the requirements listed above.
- Perhaps the most exciting job within fish health and welfare, working on the full production cycle of salmon
- A competitive salary and pension scheme as well as insurance and other benefits
- A vibrant working environment with many talented and experienced colleagues
- New and modern office locations in the city centre of Bergen
The position will report to the Head of Production Norway and Global fish health in Benchmark Genetics, Rudi Ripman Seim. For more information about the position, please contact Rudi Ripman Seim on +47 934 12 958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is to be sent to People Manager of Benchmark Genetics; Heiða Lára Heiðarsdóttir email@example.com. The application deadline is March 3, 2021.