- To support the scientific work and new product development within the Innovations and Product Departments
- To execute and report on (routine) R&D experiments and other support tasks
Support scientific work and new product development within the Innovations and Product Departments by:
- Accurately and autonomously perform specific microbiological/ analytical/ biochemical tests according to the established laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Accurately and autonomously perform experimental productions following the established DOE (Design Of Experiment) and according to good laboratory practices and internal standards and procedures.
- Perform organised and structured routine support activities, like shipments and orders for third-party service providers and suppliers.
- Proactively communicate status updates and properly report data to scientists.
- Contribute to general lab management including upholding (bio)safety measures as well as maintenance and calibration of equipment, in support of the lab manager.
- Developing new SOP/WI for biochemical, chemotaxonomical techniques based on literature and consulting the scientists.
- Contribute in the revision and the alignment of protocols with QC labs within organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor in one of the following fields: Laboratory Techniques, Biochemistry, Bioscience Engineering, Biotechnology, Microbiology
- Good knowledge of English (writing/speaking)
- Strong administrative skills
- Previous experience in lab environment
- Pervious experience and knowledge in standard microbiology tasks are preferred:
- Using standard microbial and aseptic techniques
- Working with biohazard 2 organisms and spore forming organisms
- Performing characterisation tests : biolog, API, antagonism tests, haemolytical tests, aerotolerance tests, MIC tests
- Working with a microbial database (on beads)
- Performing bacterial growth analyses with an automatic reader system (e.g. Tecan)
- Knowledge and experience in developing new SOP/WI for biochemical, chemotaxonomical techniques is preferred.
Management of information
- Understanding information: assimilate instructions/protocols, deal with unclear information, correctly assess own knowledge
- Processing information: collect information, process information, use information
- Analyse: assess information, analytical thinking
Management of tasks
- Execute tasks: execute manual tasks; execute repetitive tasks, use tools to execute tasks
- Structure work: set priorities in tasks, work systematically, execute a multitude of tasks
- Work solution-oriented: deal with the unexpected, act on own initiative, implement solution
Management of people
- Transfer expertise: demonstrate, teach/train, share knowledge
- Support: take a formal support role, give the right example, support others
Management of interpersonal relationships
- Communicate: communicate orally, communicate in writing, report
- Dialog: ask relevant questions, understand the message, empathize with the situation
- Collaborate: consult eachother, stimulate team spirit, avoid or mediate conflicts
- Act “customer”-centric: guide internal customers (manage expectations), act service-oriented
Management of yourself
- Show respect: demonstrate openness, accept procedures, accept instructions
- Be flexible: deal with change, deal ith diversity, demonstrate openness to learn
- Demonstrate realiability: act consistently, act honest and integer, show self-discipline
- Show commitment: demonstrate involvement and motivation, act quality-focused, persist
Reports to: Lab Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: INVE Technologies, Dendermonde, Belgium
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Anneleen Moens, HR Officer, by 27th November 2020.