The Procurement Officer assists and supports the Procurement Manager and is responsible for carrying out a number of administrative and operational tasks under the supervision of the Procurement Manager.
- Manage Local and non-critical buying streams:
- foreign countries’ customs, VAT and employment tax requirements.
- maintain and develop contacts with the important local suppliers and prospects in order to develop long-term relations.
- request quotations, select suppliers, negotiate the purchasing within the limits of your responsibilities, to ensure the best possible terms and conditions (price, quality, delivery times).
- screen the market through available databases and internet.
- monitor and visit local suppliers to maintain service level.
- analyse buying reports to verify and control buying cost and alignment with the procurement strategy.
- Develop the yearly local plan of purchase for the assigned buying streams.
- Support the procurement manager in strategic buying matters and activities.
- Drive supplier development and relationship management initiatives with local vendors.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field (or equivalent through experience)
- Experience in working in an international commercial environment
- Experience in procurement or purchasing
- Problems solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Fluent written/verbal communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently but being a team player at the same time
- Ability to work cross departmental
- Well-structured and displaying a strong desire to take initiative
- Proactive and goal-oriented
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Kanittha Srisa-Ard, HR & Admin Manager, by 23rd May 2021