To lead the Quality function for the Animal Health Division by driving continuous improvements and operational excellence in the Quality and other systems and processes across all sites and companies to ensure they are effective and compliant with the relevant regulatory and company requirements.
- As a member of the divisional Board, leads the division’s quality function to attain robust and effective processes to support the quality goals of the division as part of the overall supply chain, maintaining compliance at all times and making sure Quality is built in.
- Develops divisional Quality strategy and accountable for key Quality metrics and deliverables
- Manages BAHL Quality aspects of the management of in-house manufacture, suppliers, contract manufacturers and contract test sites.
- Supports and facilitates the links with internal & external Animal Health Test Centres
- Assists in any quality related due diligence related to potential acquisitions.
- Ensure adequate Qualified Person resource for batch release to market and associated support of quality operations to meet annex 16 requirements.
- Developing and leading a high performance quality function to ensure continued high quality support to the business
- To develop quality function staff and structure to meet current and future needs of the division.
- Ensure the business is compliant with the appropriate regulatory standards, e.g. GMP / GLP
Qualifications and experience
- Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading a quality function across multiple sites
- Significant experience in the Pharmaceutical/vaccine industry and in a lead quality role within a GMP environment
- In depth knowledge of vaccine manufacture and testing is essential
- Experience of working to GLP standards
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Board level experience would be an advantage
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning and delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities
- Flexible and able to travel nationally and occasionally internationally as required
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Rob Squirrell, Senior People Manager at email@example.com. Closing date 31 August 2o19