The appointee will carry out research towards the development of veterinary health products and platforms under the supervision of the Senior Research Scientist. The position involves research project planning and implementation, in the laboratory and at clinical facilities. The Research Scientist will work closely with the Senior Research Scientist and Head of Research and Development, as part of a dynamic team to fulfill research objectives associated with the Company’s R&D pipeline.
- Work closely with the Senior Research Scientist, Head of Research and Development, and clinical trial facility personnel to plan and implement research projects to develop veterinary health products and platforms. This will also involve the establishment of procedures and protocols to support the implementation and ongoing development of outlined research projects.
- Work closely with the Senior Research Scientist and Development team for the successful technology transfer of products from Research to Development.
- Design and implement research experiments and clinical trials to achieve research objectives.
- Be responsible for data collection and recording, and sorting and summarizing data from outlined experiments, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Handle confidential information and results in an appropriate manner.
- Assist in the completion of research project reports and updates.
- Work closely with the Laboratory Technician to assist in the implementation of Quality Control and Quality Assurance standards in the laboratory, ensuring that equipment meets minimum requirements, documenting procedures and determining what actions must be taken.
Qualifications and experience
- PhD Degree in a relevant biological science essential.
- A minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of molecular biology principles and skills, in particular with recombinant technologies such as recombinant protein production and purification.
- Knowledge and experience of qPCR.
- Cell culture experience desirable.
- Microbiology knowledge and experience.
- Experience with planning and implementing clinical trials is preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of basic statistical data analysis, and the ability to design robust experiments
- Ability to be flexible and develop new principles and protocols.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, scientific report writing and record keeping skills.
- The Research Scientist will be involved in multiple research projects simultaneously, and therefore, the ability to manage time and projects appropriately is essential.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities
- Ability to travel intermittently, as required.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Rob Squirrell before 18th January 2019.