Benchmark Holdings Plc is recruiting a Tax and Treasury Manager to improve and maintain the policies, procedures and reporting around tax, treasury, banking and cash management. The role will improve working capital management, cashflow and oversee tax compliance in all territories in which the Group operates.
- Build strong relationship with and provide the day to day contact with the banks.
- Administration and maintenance of all UK bank accounts including administration of online banking platforms and training new users.
- Management of drawdowns of rolling credit facility and related interest payments
- Development and ownership of monthly rolling 13 week cashflow forecasting model. This will include issuing a monthly report detailing the main monthly movements in the forecast and analysis of variances to actuals each month.
- Liaison with Group FP&A to compare direct cashflow forecasting to longer term indirect model to ensure consistency.
- Monitoring and reporting movements in weekly bank balances to report performance against the direct cashflow model.
- Management of intercompany loans.
- Development and management of Group Treasury policy, including the Group’s approach to foreign exchange and interest hedging. Arrangement of any financial instruments undertaken to mitigate currency and interest rate risk.
- Design, maintenance and management of Group’s policy on bank payment approvals in line with online banking system requirements.
- Quarterly calculation and reporting of bank covenants.
- Administration of UK corporate credit card schemes and related reporting.
- Act as main point of contact for tax advisers.
- Coordinate the tax accounting and tax returns with external advisers.
- Prepare the tax charge and payment forecasts for the group, with the assistance of external advisers.
- Consolidate, prepare and submit UK group VAT returns.
- Coordinate R&D tax claims undertaken in the group.
- Lead transfer pricing project across the group and maintain transfer pricing documentation for the UK once policy is developed and installed.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of operating with cash management or banking function within a finance department. Ideally professionally qualified – ACCA, CIMA, ACA or relevant treasury qualifications.
- While not essential, advanced Microsoft Excel skills would be beneficial,
- Experience of SAP an advantage but not essential
- Strong organisational skills showing well ordered approach to tasks
- Good communicator both written and oral, and an ability to form good working relationships with and influence all staff of all levels of seniority
- Excellent problem solving skills
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Anna Winton before 31st December 2018.