The purpose of the role is to work as part of a dedicated trials team responsible for fish husbandry, trials procedures, record keeping and reporting.
- Fish husbandry and routine maintenance.
- Assisting in setting up and maintaining stock holding systems
- Carrying out trial protocols and keeping accurate records.
- Working to regulatory requirements under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Preparing SOPs related to GLP
- Preparing Risk Assessments
- Data entry and drafting of reports.
- Setting up experimental trials, taking trial measurements and laboratory samples as required.
- Maintaining stock cultures and solutions.
- Working to a 7-day week rota with emergency night call out also on rota
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or Masters in a biological science and/or experience of working in a research environment
- A can-do attitude and enthusiasm for developing a career aquaculture
- A proactive problem-solver who enjoys working with others to achieve results
- Self-motivated team worker able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good report writing skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Rob Squirrell before 19 April 2019.