Benchmark Genetics appoints Brede Fannemel as Aquaculture Engineer
With a new year, we will face new challenges and opportunities, and with these opportunities, we are so lucky to have Brede Fannemel joining us full-time as an Aquaculture Engineer.
Brede had been an intern at Benchmark Genetics for two years, since October 2018. He holds a master’s degree in Aquaculture and seafood from the University of Bergen and wrote his master’s paper in collaboration with the Institute of Marine Research about Atlantic salmon in submerged sea cages with air-dome. He started his new role on Monday 4th January 2021 and will work from our main office in Bergen.
As a part of the genetics department Brede will focus on:
- User support towards PIT-tag related software, BreedControl, and PowerBI
- Maintain and develop existing internal reports of Benchmark Genetics Norway
- Identify new technologies such as identification software and image recognition and project management of further development and automatization within this area
- Key support, supply, and maintenance of various hardware and equipment used for our challenge tests, test slaughter, PIT-tagging, and other sampling procedures, and operations
- Planning, organizing, and executing the practicalities of various recording activities related to our breeding work
- Biobank management, storage, and shipment of samples
Welcome to the team as a full-time employee, Brede!