COVID-19: Message to Customers
I mean it when I say I hope this message finds you well. This is a busy, unsettling and unprecedented time for us all and I wish you and your families, your employees and businesses the very best of health through this challenging period.
Together, we are playing a part in feeding the world and this must continue. As a valued customer, I’d like to reassure you of the steps Benchmark is taking to ensure we keep people safe, and continue to be here for you, your people and your business.
Our commitment to you
- Safety — As always, we will ensure we supply you with products that are safe and top quality. The health of people is of utmost importance and we have put in place steps to mitigate the risk of a COVID-19 infection, including:
- Isolated the more vulnerable of our people, with others taking up their work where it must be undertaken on site
- Established isolated teams working in shifts where appropriate
- Implemented remote working protocols where feasible
- Suspended all business travel
- Prohibited any visitors to our sites
- Regular deep cleaning with disinfectants
- Increased use of masks and more frequent handwashing in line with WHO recommendations
- Supply — All our production operations remain open. At our core production site in Thailand, we have introduced a three team shift structure to ensure that we can continue to produce and supply. We are increasing stocks of raw materials and local stocks of our key product lines, so that they will be available when you require them.
- Support — Whilst we are unable to meet with you in person, we continue to provide the customer and technical support you need. Our team are generating webinars and videos, and using technology to ensure that we continue to provide you with production support and troubleshooting services.
We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and are following all authorities’ and WHO guidelines.
Looking forward, our strategy remains on track for us to deliver the next generation of leading products and technologies for the industry, and we look forward to seeing you when life and business returns to normal.
If there’s one thing this crisis has taught us, is that maintaining the integrity in the food supply chain is critical to maintaining order. We are committed to making that happen, but we should also de-brief with you post crisis to learn lessons and become collectively stronger for the future.
In the meantime, I want to reiterate that we are here for you and doing all we can to support you. We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how we can best work together throughout this period.
Thank you and very best wishes,
Executive Chairman, Benchmark