We want to have a ‘Net Positive’ impact on the communities in which we operate.
At Benchmark we believe it is our responsibility to look beyond our corporate existence and contribute to improvements for our wider communities, making a meaningful and positive impact for the people, animals and the environment.
Our Community and Charity programme, “Benchmark for Better” (B4B) covers the following areas:
1) Education — which includes:
- Delivering courses in the community aimed at areas such as good husbandry and environmental practices
- Employees donating time and expertise in a formal education setting “training the trainers in aquaculture”
- Developing individual capabilities for example through offering work experience and apprenticeship opportunities at Benchmark for members of the local community
2) Environmental protection or improvement:
- recycling and sustainable waste management
- promotion of biodiversity
- renewable energy
3) Animal welfare in aquaculture:
- activities that promote practices that improve animal welfare in the communities where we are present.
View case studies
Cartagena, Colombia: Project Healthy School and Planet
During the year, our team in South America hosted a series of workshops at several institutions in the country to educate about macro global environmental issuesRead more
Bangkok, Thailand: School & Community Outreach
Throughout the year, our team continued providing support to their local community – in particular schools and hospitalsRead more
10-Week Plogging Challenge
In April, Benchmark launched a 10-week Plogging Challenge open to all employees. Our oceans and waterways are awash with plastic bottles, bags, and packaging. ‘Plogging’ combines two worthy pastimes – jogging and picking up litter – hence the term ‘plog.’Read more