We bring together biology and technology to enable food producers to improve their sustainability and profitability.
High growth markets
Focus on established, fast growing markets of genetics, health and specialist nutrition serving the increasingly important aquaculture sector.
Benchmark has a differentiated model bringing together genetics, health and specialist nutrition, which combined can contribute significantly to improve the sustainability and profitability of aquaculture producers.
Barriers to competition
Market leadership, strong patent portfolio, long established breeding programmes and accredited manufacturing capability.
Global distribution network and production capacity to support growth.
Potential to deliver high shareholder returns
High growth profile and target 25% EBITDA margin within 3 to five years.
- Grow in established markets from existing capacity
- Commercial delivery of AquaHealth pipeline of products
- Focussed investment in markets that leverage group platform
- Position Benchmark in areas of future growth
|30 September 2018||Financial year end|
|October 2018||Trading update|
|January 2019||Announcement of full-year results|
|January 2019||Publication of Annual Report and Accounts|
|March 2019||Annual General Meeting|
|June 2019||Announcement of half-year results|
|June 2019||Publication of Interim Report|
|30 September 2019||Financial year end|
Renvenue at H1 2017 forex rate
revenue increase in Advanced Nutrition
increase in Adjusted EBITDA
increasing interest in Ectosan; field trials showing 100% efficacy
H1 2017: £69.2m
revenue increase in Genetics
H1 2017: £3.3m
|£m||H1 2018||H1 2017||%||FY 2017|
|Adjusted EBITDA 2||6.3||3.3||+91%||10.0|
|Adjusted PBT 3||4.4||(0.7)||-||6.3|
|Loss before tax||(5.6)||(8.9)||-||(8.1)|
|Profit/(loss) for the period||3.6||(8.2)||-||(7.1)|
|Basic earnings/(loss) per share (p)||0.67||(1.58)||-||(1.43)|
|Net debt 4||(41.3)||(12.8)||-||(23.9)|
(2) Adjusted EBITDA is earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation, exceptional items and acquisition related expenditure
(3) Adjusted PBT is profit/loss before tax, before amortisation, share option charge, exceptional items and acquisition related expenditure
(4) Net debt is cash and cash equivalents less loans and borrowings